Dolores Nolan - Vice President of Membership
Vice President of Membership
A native of Dublin, Ireland, Dolores grew up in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania. A graduate of Wallenpaupack Area High School in Hawley, PA, she holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications/Radio and Television from Marywood University, Scranton, PA.
She began her professional career in her last semester of college as an intern at the Times-Shamrock Communications Inc. radio stations in Scranton. Irish luck was with her that spring when she began her first paid professional position on St. Patrick's Day as the Traffic Manager (Most important job at a radio station. Details!) for WGBI-AM/FM, Scranton, PA. Her professional career includes radio and television work on-air, in sales and marketing.
Dolores has applied her leadership, marketing and sales savvy to community organizations as a Past President of the New York City Chapter of American Women in Radio & Television (AWRT), now known as Alliance of Women in Media (AWM), on the board of the United Nation Development Fund for Women/UNIFEM,NYC, Broadcasters' Foundation of America, Saint Patrick's Cathedral Choir music ministry, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York, Atrevete Flamenco Dance Theatre of New York, New York Coalition of Professional Women in the Arts and Media (NYCWAM), New York Women in Film and Television and New York Women in Communications.
A Voice Over artist, Dolores is a member of SAG-AFTRA. She is Associate Producer of STATE OF DENIAL, an audio documentary on the plight of undocumented Irish in today's New York City broadcast on RTE in Ireland. She is also the creator and host of www.SaintsOfNewYork.com, a website/podcast self-guided religious-historical walking tour of New York City.
Dolores is a recipient of the New York Women's Agenda (NYWA) Galaxy Award honoring extraordinary women of the future. She enjoys history, travel, music, theatre, all things New York, and anything Irish and Mediterranean.
Her Radio philosophy: There is no medium more community-oriented than radio. No matter what you do at a radio station you are always a star in your town!
- When I'm Not In The Office I can be found... at choir rehearsal or choir liturgy at Saint Patrick's Cathedral, Fifth Avenue, New York City.
- People would be surprised to know that I... am a licensed Sightseeing Guide for the City of New York specializing in Catholic shrines, saints http://saintsofnewyork.com/ and churches.
- Favorite APP... TuneIn Radio
- I do my best thinking... on the 1X Express Bus from Staten Island to Manhattan on the Gowanus Expressway.
- Favorite all time vacation... That's a tough one since I love to travel. But, the St. Pat's choir trip to Rome and Vatican City to open the Sacred Music and Arts Festival with a pilgrimage to Assisi was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.