Radio Advertising Bureau, BMI and Mentoring and Inspiring Women Announce Completion of the 9th
Annual Management & Leadership Training Seminar
New York, New York – August 29, 2016 -- The Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB), in conjunction with Broadcast Music, Inc. ® (BMI) ®, and the Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio Group (MIW), is pleased to announce the successful completion of the ninth annual Rising Through the Ranks Women in Radio Management & Leadership Training Program. Twenty-one scholarship recipients were welcomed at the BMI Offices on August 24-25. Scholarships were courtesy of BMI.
Scholarship recipients were selected and awarded by the three organizations. The two-day seminar focused on the specific needs of women in radio management roles and worked to enhance their overall knowledge and skills.
Featured speakers include:
• Lynn Anderson, CEO, Integrated Media Solutions Group;
• Lindsay Cerajewski, Director of Partnership Marketing, Emmis Communications
• Joe D’Angelo, Senior Vice President, HD Radio
• Erica Farber, President and CEO, RAB
• Brandeis C. Hall, Vice President, Professional Development, RAB
• Laurie Kahn, President and CEO, Media Staffing Networks
• Weezie Kramer, Chief Operating Officer, Entercom Communications
• Susan Larkin, Regional Vice President, Cox Media Group
• Heather Monahan, Executive Vice President, CRO, Beasley Broadcasting
• Beth Neuhoff, President, Neuhoff Media
• Kay Olin; Partner, Olin & Associates
• Heidi Raphael, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, Greater Media
• Jeff Schmidt, Senior Vice President, Professional Development, RAB
• Dan Spears, Vice President, Licensing, BMI.
The customized curriculum featured practical and real world applications that participants of the course can put to use in the workplace immediately. The topics included: The Role of Today's Radio Manager, Managing Up and Down, Having Difficult Conversations, Budgeting and Forecasting, Women in the Radio Workplace, Recruiting, Hiring, and Firing, Building Your Personal Brand, Small Groups and open discussions for women in management.
“For the past nine years, up-and-coming female executives have completed this seminar in preparation to be on the front lines of our business,” said Erica Farber, president and CEO, Radio Advertising Bureau. “They have left this two-day seminar with new management skills and a renewed energy to lead and excel within their organizations.”
“Professional development training from some of the most respected industry leaders in radio management is an invaluable experience,” said Michael Steinberg, senior-vice president of Licensing at BMI. “BMI is so proud to support all of the 2016 participants and looks forward to seeing them rise through the ranks within the radio industry.”
“Our goal of the Rising Through the Ranks seminar is to use experience, paired with resources, to support women in radio,” said Kay Olin, partner, Olin & Associates and spokesperson of behalf of the MIW Group. “By mentoring these women we give them the necessary tools to lead the business and to inspire others.”
“The RAB Rising Through the Ranks experience has not only been educational but also extremely motivational. I'm blessed to have the opportunity to learn from so many successful women in the industry and to leave with ideas that I can implement in my professional and personal life,” said Stacey Proctor, general sales manager, CBS Radio Phoenix. “This isn't just a two day conference; this is a life changing experience!”
2016 Rising Through the Ranks Graduates:
• Mindy Alexander, BMI, Nashville, TN
• Becky Allegra, Katz Radio Group, Phoenix, AZ
• Kimberly Allen, Ham Broadcasting, INC. WKDZ/WHVO, Cadiz, KY
• Erika Beasley, Beasley Media Group, Tampa FL
• Laura Boyle, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, Mishawaka, IN
• Lindsay Carr, Cumulus, Nashville, TN
• Skye Claire, BMI, Nashville, TN
• Carolyn Cope, Beasley Media Group, West Newtown, MA
• Chantelle Crowhurst, KNCI/CBS Radio, Sacramento, CA
• Kim Doleman, Radio Advertising Bureau, Denver, CO
• Maura Donohue, Entercom, San Francisco, CA
• Keshia Ellison, Townsquare Media, Tuscaloosa, AL
• Jessica Goldberg, 5 Star Media Group/Saga Comm, Clarkesville, TN
• Marissa Greenlar, Galaxy Communications, Syracuse, NY
• Meagan Gunsteens, Cox Media Group, Tampa Bay, FL
• Abby Helm, Neuhoff Media, Decatur, IL
• Andrea Kamer, The Cromwell Group Inc., Nashville, TN
• Sara Marsolek, Northwestern Media, St. Paul, MN
• Laurie May, AMI Radio Group, Joplin, MO
• Sheila Myers, The Cromwell Group, Inc., Effingham, IL
• Tara Nickerson, The Cromwell Radio Group, Decatur, IL
• Allison Parker, Radio One, Atlanta, GA
• Amanda Powers, WXCY-FM/Delmarva Broadcasting, Havre de Grace, MD
• Stacey Proctor, CBS Radio, Phoenix, AZ
• Justine Roller, Entercom, Sacramento, CA
• Sarah Smerz, WFMB-FM - Neuhoff Media, Springfield, IL
• Nichola Spencer, The Cromwell Radio Group, Nashville, TN
• Diane Williams, Neuhoff Media, Springfield, IL
Celebrating over 75 years of service to songwriters, composers, music publishers and businesses, Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in more than 10.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 700,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI's repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites, span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news, visit www.bmi.com, follow us on Twitter @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music, Inc.'s Facebook page.
About MIW Radio Group
The MIW Radio Group consists of top-level radio women across the country who are dedicated to using their influence and resources to help put more women in positions of leadership in Radio. For contact information for each MIW, along with interviews, articles, and MIW presentations, or to join the MIW Network or learn about the MIW Mentoring Program, go to http://www.radiomiw.com.
The Radio Advertising Bureau serves more than 6,000 member Radio stations in the U.S. and over 1,000 member networks, representative firms, broadcast vendors, and international organizations. RAB leads and participates in educational, research, sales, and advocacy programs that promote and advance Radio as a primary advertising medium. For more information, log onto www.rab.com.