||RAB Launches New Certified Radio and Integrated Marketing Consultant Professional Development Program
The Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB) has launched the new Certified Radio and Integrated Marketing Consultant (CRMCi). This newly designed program of online classes beginning this week will teach today’s radio sellers how to effectively communicate radio’s broad and multi-platform assets to help drive revenue growth at the station level.
This new professional development training course was built upon the heritage of the Certified Radio Marketing Consultant (CRMC) program, originally created to educate radio sales executives. CRMCi builds upon that course to go one step further by training sellers to become integrated marketing consultants to their advertising clients regardless of market size.
“We have great success in providing educational training to radio sellers,” noted Jeff Haley, President and CEO of the Radio Advertising Bureau. “However, in today’s media landscape, there’s such a diversity of marketing tools at the disposal of the account executive, it’s important they are seen and consider themselves as integrated marketers, with a client-centric approach and go beyond transactional sales; and become true marketing partners in order to develop and grow business for their advertising clients and radio. That’s why we’re excited to introduce this new and customized Certified Radio and Integrated Marketing Consultant course.”
“Professional development is more important now than ever before,” said Erica Farber, EVP of the Radio Advertising Bureau. “Managers and sellers alike are pressed for time these days. Consistent training is often neglected. This new course program is a turn-key education course providing the required knowledge of radio selling and integrated marketing to enable radio sellers to feel confident and effectively compete in the marketplace.”
Specific program topics include:
• The Role of an Integrated Marketing Consultant
• Take a Deep Dive into Your Key Accounts
• Customer Centric Selling
• Learn Your Clients’ Objectives Then Manage Each Account
• What Marketers Want
• Working with Advertising Agencies
• Working with Direct Accounts’ Creative Needs
• Extreme Co-Op and Alternative Funding
• Event Marketing: The Experiential Component of Your
• The Art of Negotiation
• Just the Facts, Please
• Case Studies and Success Stories
Featured speakers and participants include leading media experts such as:
• Jim Boblett, Jay Advertising
• Greg Glenday, President, Clear Channel Connections
• Tammy Greenberg, SVP Business Development, Radio Advertising Bureau
• Jeff Haley, President and CEO, Radio Advertising Bureau
• Lori Hiltz, EVP, Managing Director, MPG
• Sheila Kirby, SVP, Sales Development and Training, CBS Radio
• Rich Lobel, EVP CBS Radio, Altitude Group
• Bob McCurdy, President, Katz Marketing Solutions
• Nancy Ryan, Director, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications, Allstate
• Natalie Swed-Stone, US Director National Radio Investment OMD
• Kim Vasey, Managing Partner, Director of Radio, GroupM
• Jennifer Williams, Director of Interactive Marketing, Greater Media
Over the last thirty five years, thousands of radio sellers have become CRMC certified. To encourage continued professional development, a special rate is available for a limited time to CRMC certified sellers to build on their past training and complete their CRMCi training.
Further information regarding course schedules and pricing information can be found on www.rab.com or by calling RAB’s Professional Development Team at 800-232-3131.
Click here to email to client
Back to Radio Sales Today
Click here to view Job Postings.
RAB Workshop To Explore Mobile Marketing During NAB Show
Mobile apps, mobile streaming and mobile websites mean more mobile revenue for radio. Find out how your station can take advantage of these opportunities by attending the RAB workshop, Is Mobile Marketing the Future of Advertising?.
This seminar is one of five RAB-produced sessions that will be offered at the NAB Show, April 14-19 in Las Vegas. It's scheduled for Tuesday, April 17, from 10:30-11:45 AM in Room N239/241.
The NAB Show is the world's largest event covering the development, management and delivery of content across all media. For more information, click here.
Webinar This Week: Accountability for Managers & Salespeople
Knowing your goals, writing down the tasks necessary to achieve those goals, and having a plan that helps you execute them is critical to successful sales and sales management.
Join RAB's John Potter for this information-filled presentation, as he explores proven systems and strategies for keeping your sales team focused and on track.
This webinar will be offered today at 3 PM (Central), and again on Thursday at 10 AM (Central). For registration details, follow this link.