||Five Tips for Using Tablets (At Events)
The Apple iPad is cool. As of January, 14.8 million iPads were sold since the device launched in April 2010 so it's no wonder that tablets have been put to use in big numbers at events. Here's five tips for maximizing their use:
1. Content. You want to bring engaging experiences to your attendees, many of whom are now carrying iPads. Deliver content (and encourage social sharing) while your event is underway: hi-definition behind-the-scenes videos, streams of the prior day's activities, interviews and social games. When you build the next "Angry Birds" app for attendees to download and it, too, goes viral, your reach will be extended far beyond the event.
2. Social Media. Optimized content and embedded social media dashboard apps on iPads will get you to the front of the pass-along line.
3. Data Collection. Brand ambassadors provide the hands-on experience using tablets to show content and, in the process, seamlessly collect demographic and behavioral data. As more attendees show up with their own tablets, they'll "opt in" and download an app that does your data collection for you while they play a game or watch a video, allowing you to track physical locations, browsing behaviors and levels of interest in products and services.
4. Immediate and Always On. Because tablets are one of the fastest growing ways for consumers to access information and entertainment every day, a direct and immediate path to your brand will enable more consumer interactions.
5. Long Term Engagement. If a brand is savvy about creating the right content that creates an authentic connection, events can live forever on an attendee's own device. Through downloads and an always-fresh app, new and interesting content will help guide the user ever deeper into the brand's messaging and sales funnel.
(Source: Promomagazine.com, 07/15/11)