||Radio Mercury Awards Announces Final Round Judging Panel
Group Represents Diverse Creative and Advertising Mix
The final round judging panel has been announced for the 21st Annual Radio Mercury Awards, which will be presented during a much-anticipated ceremony in New York City on October 2.
This year's group of top-level agency creative leaders represents radio's foremost advertising categories including Automotive, Communications, Restaurants, TV/Networks/Cable and Financial Services.
The jury, drawn together with the help of Chief Judge Bill Ludwig, Chairman and CEO, Campbell Ewald, represents small, mid-size and large advertising agencies as well as a diverse group of creative chiefs.
Listed below is the 2012 Radio Mercury Awards Final Round Judging Panel:
* Toby Barlow, Chief Creative Officer, Team Detroit (select clients include Ford, Lincoln, Sports Authority).
* Michael Canning, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett NY (select clients include Allstate, McDonald's, P&G).
* Christian Carl, Executive Creative Director, EURO RSCG NY (select clients include Dos Equis, Kraft, McDonald's, Volvo).
* Rob Feakins, Chief Creative Officer and President, Publicis NY (select clients include Bounty, Citi, Maytag, TGI Friday's).
* Rachel Howald, Executive Creative Director, mcgarrybowen (select clients include Anheuser-Busch inBev, Chase, Verizon).
* Aldo Quevedo, President, Chief Creative Officer, Dieste (select clients include AT&T, Chili's, Southwest).
* Chris Smith, Brand Creative Group Head, The Richards Group (select clients include Chick-fil-A, Home Depot, Motel 6,).
* Rob Strasberg, co-CEO, Chief Creative Officer, Doner (select clients include AutoTrader.com, Chrysler, Cox).
"This is a diverse and accomplished group of leading creative thinkers," noted Chief Judge Bill Ludwig. "I'm eager to gather everyone together, review, and discuss the creative work submitted into this year's competition."
"We couldn't be more excited about this year's final round judging panel," said Erica Farber, President and CEO of the Radio Advertising Bureau and Chair of the Radio Creative Fund. "This list represents the best of radio advertising, and will surely provide insights into what qualifies as the most creative and innovative work of 2012."
The 2012 Call for Entries is now open for submissions. Prizes will be awarded in the Agency Production, Radio Station Produced, Student, PSA, Spanish Language, Radio Campaign, Integrated Campaign, and Best of Show. New to this year's awards, a Radio Innovation prize will also be presented. This new award will seek out ahead-of-the-curve, groundbreaking, out-of-the-box, revolutionary radio creative work.
For more information on the Radio Mercury Awards, log on to www.radiomercuryawards.com.