||Advertising Agencies and Brands Swarm CES
This has been a record breaking CES according to organizers, where attendance last year topped 150,000.
Major advertisers and agencies are attending CES in mass. They want to know how technology will affect reaching consumers through radio with devices like Pioneer's AppRadio, through TV with DISH Network's Hopper and its new Hopper with Slingbox, and how digital connectivity will create new challenges for marketers.
One of the stories affecting radio we have covered this week has been Livio's FM Connect that enables in-car FM Radio listeners to interact with FM broadcasts from the dashboard through a Bluetooth-connected smartphone. Other innovations announced at CES:
(Source: John Potter, SVP/Professional Development, RAB)
- LG – 55” OLED TV. Three sizes of smart capable Ultra HDTVs (84-inch, 65-inch, 55-inch)
- Monster - New lines and designs of headphones including Nick Cannon's NCredible headsets
- Sharp - Ultra HD – 85 inch 8K TV delivering 16 X resolution of HDTV
- VOXX – NM100 rearview navigation
- Fujifilm – Two new X series cameras X100S and X20 Startup time of 0.5 seconds, shutter lag time of 0.1 second
- Huawei – Ascend Mate smartphone with 6.1 inch screen – currently the world's largest smart phone
- Intel – Perceptual Computing adds natural human interfaces to computing, voice, touch, facial recognition and gestures. User becomes password through facial recognition
- Limited Computing - VYZAR - geo-location based 3D augmented reality technology
- Samsung - New flagship Smart TV Samsung LED F8000 (46-inch, 55-inch, 60-inch, 65-inch, and 75-inch) with voice recognition technology
- Panasonic - New TV Series: ZT60, ST60, WT60, DT60 - High Efficient LED TVs reduce power consumption by 15 percent and are ENERGY STAR 6.0 certified