||Radio Mercury Awards Announces Final Round Judging Panel
Entry Deadline Extended to April 8
The final round judging panel for the 22nd Annual Radio Mercury Awards has been announced. This year's panel of top-level agency creative leaders represents radio's primary advertising categories including automotive, communications, packaged goods, restaurants and retail.
The jury drawn together with the help of Chief Judge Bill Cimino, chief creative officer, Y&R Midwest, encompasses leaders from across the country, across all sized markets and diverse audiences for some of radio's top-spending advertising clients.
Listed below is the 2013 Radio Mercury Awards Final Round Judging Panel:
To learn more about this year's judges, click here.
- Joe Alexander, chief creative officer, The Martin Agency (select clients include Discover, GEICO, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Pizza Hut, and Wal-Mart)
- Greg Hahn, executive creative director, executive vice president, BBDO NY (select clients include AT&T, FedEx, Foot Locker, and Mars)
- Chuck Meehan, executive vice president, executive creative director, Doner (select clients include Chrysler, Del Taco, Minute Maid, and UPS)
- Aldo Quevedo, principal, creative director, Richards/Lerma (select clients include Advance Auto Parts, Dodge RAM, Fruit of the Loom, Home Depot, and Metro PCS)
- Tiffany Rolfe, chief content officer, Co: Collective
- Mark Simon, chief creative officer, Campbell Ewald/DET (select clients include Alltel Wireless, Chevy, Ghirardelli, GM, OnStar, and United States Postal Service)
- Chris Smith, brand creative group head, The Richards Group (select clients include Central Market, Chick-fil-A, Home Depot, Jiffy Lube, and Motel 6)
- Lewis Williams, executive vice president, chief creative officer, Burrell Communications (select clients include American Airlines, Comcast, Disney, General Mills, McDonald’s, P&G, and Toyota)
"I couldn't be happier with this distinguished group of creative minds we've gathered," noted Bill Cimino. "This jury not only represents the best of the best, but everyone on this list is a true lover of radio and recognizes the challenges that come with creating effective, engaging and entertaining audio advertising."
"It's always a special day when we gather the top creative thinkers and leaders from the agency world into one room, to listen to our final round spots and campaigns and have them discern which of them will take home the big prizes," said Erica Farber, President and CEO of the Radio Advertising Bureau and Chair of the Radio Creative Fund. "I'm confident that our panel of final round judges will set a high bar for this year’s Radio Mercury Awards."
Entries for this year's competition are currently being accepted, with an extended deadline of April 8, 2013. This year's awards event will take place in New York at the Highline Ballroom on June 5. Prizes will be awarded in the Agency Production, Radio Station Produced, Student, PSA, Spanish Language, Campaign, Innovation, Integrated Campaign, and Best of Show categories.
For more information on the Radio Mercury Awards, log on to www.radiomercuryawards.com.