Sales Tip - The Six P's of Sales Performance
Sales Performance is achieved by implementing certain strategies, procedures, and techniques.
In a client-focused approach to selling (i.e., a relationship selling environment) we believe there are certain elements that contribute to your sales success. Listed below is an overview of these elements.
1. Prospecting -- Identifying the individuals and organizations that have a need for your products and services.
2. Preparation -- Gathering information to assist you in contacting the prospect. Remember: preparation compensates for a lack of talent.
3. Process -- Understanding the prospect's needs, issues and concerns via a step-by-step sales process.
4. Product -- Understanding your product and interpreting the values, advantages, and benefits to your prospect.
5. Presentation -- Presenting your solution with confidence, competence and comfort.
6. Person -- Possessing the belief in yourself and understanding your role as a business problem solver.
Obviously, these will vary with your sales environment, industry, and prospect base. Yet, the above-mentioned categories are important for most sales success. By mastering these elements, you will attain greater sales achievement.
Source: Sales trainer/author Bryan Flanagan