To Be or Not To Be…
To Be? Be what? Be an integrated marketing professional in your market or be a radio salesperson. The choice is yours. Both have advantages. Both have some disadvantages. So which are you going to be?
Source: Jeff Schmidt, RAB
According to the RAB-Borrell Benchmarking Report, social media management is one of the fastest growing segments of digital ad spending. In fact, advertisers will spend 10 times more on social media help and services than they will on the ads. What a tremendous opportunity this represents -- if you are the person offering them the help they need.
You are a radio seller. Why should you sell digital, and specifically, social media? Let’s look at the pros and cons:
• Tremendous opportunity -- advertisers will buy it from someone
• Strong results and ROI for advertisers -- particularly when used with radio
• Recurring revenue streams
• You already have the relationships; this offers upsell opportunities
• It’s a more complex sale and takes more time
• Customers require lots of hand-holding and care
• Must have a strong fulfillment center in-house or third party partnership
According to Borrell, small and medium-sized businesses love Facebook. The number of SMBs using it has doubled in just the last year.
Being an integrated marketing specialist has tremendous value. In
the marketing world, that means consistently learning new products and services, staying on top of the trends, and sharing this new knowledge with your customers and prospects.
The RAB has partnered with the Local Media Association and Dream Local Digital to provide you with this comprehensive Facebook training. After this one-week course (5 lunch-time webinars), you will know:
• Why Facebook works
• How to manage your clients’ social media
• How to create effective and trackable ads on Facebook
• How to maximize the return for your clients using Facebook and radio
• How to incorporate Facebook advertising into your integrated marketing
• How you and all of your clients will benefit financially
Be the integrated marketing professional in your market and you can be the marketing expert your clients count on and with whom they invest. Start getting a bigger piece of the pie. Click here and get all the details of this training that will help you increase your skill set in 2017, increase your value to your clients and prospects, and achieve higher income levels. The next class starts March 20, so check it out here.
Jeff Schmidt is the SVP of Professional Development for the Radio Advertising Bureau. You can reach him at email@example.com.