Got questions about Radio? We have answers.
Targeting Market by Market to Drive Call Volume
- Radio formats target specific listener groups far better than TV channels target specific viewer groups.1
- TV's high cost structure necessitates attracting broad audiences to be successful and is programmed with that goal in mind.1
- Radio - with lower costs and many stations - can focus on narrow segments that are carefully designed for their specific appeal to different age and socio-economic groups.1
- Because Radio targets so well, a high percent of listeners on a selected station will be your target market - so the total listeners CPM will be very close to the target CPM.1
- Radio advertising drives action, behavior and response. Based on a survey of over 2,000 P12+:2
- 43% visited advertised restaurant.
- 41% visited the advertised store.
- 39% talked about the ad or product with others.
- 28% recommended advertised product to others.
- 28% visited the advertiser's website.
- 16% called the advertised product or store.
- 40% say listening to the radio gets them in a better mood.
- Media Dynamics Inc. analyzed the impact of revising an all-TV media plan to a revised plan that converted 1/3 of TV dollars into Radio over a four-week time frame. The results were3:
- Among the Top quintile (heaviest TV viewers), target grps decreased slightly (135 grps) but there was a percentage increase in reach versus an all-TV plan.
- Third quintile grps increased by 41% (+365) and a positive 8% change in reach.
- Lightest TV viewers (fifth quintile) target grps increased by 625 - nearly three-fold over the TV-only plan of 200. Additionally, there was a positive impact to percent reach - up 52% in the media mixed plan compared to the TV-only plan. (For specific information go to: www.MediaDynamicsInc.com)
- In addition, according to MBI USA TouchpointsTM 2012.2, when a portion of TV budget is allocated to radio, there was an increase to the reach, frequency and ad receptivity of the campaign.4
Source: 1) The Ephron Letter, 06/05, "Reach Trumps Frequency"; 2) The Infinite Dial 2013 - Arbitron, Inc. and Edison Research; 3) Radio Dimensions 2013, ©Media Dynamics, Inc., 2013; 4) MBI USA TouchpointsTM 2012.2 (across seven different brand plans in diverse categories)