Got questions about Radio? We have answers.
Targeting Market by Market to Drive Call Volume
- Radio with its diverse formats and niche programming helps to reach consumers - regardless of age or gender.¹
- Radio advertising drives action, behavior and response. Based on a survey of over 2,000 P12+:
- Radio - with lower costs and many stations - can focus on narrow segments that are carefully designed for their specific appeal to different age and socio-economic groups. ¹
- Because Radio targets so well, a high percent of listeners on a selected station will be your target market - so the total listeners CPM will be very close to the target CPM. ¹
- Radio advertising drives action, behavior and response. Based on a survey of over 2,000 P12+: ²
- 43% visited advertised restaurant.
- 41% visited the advertised store.
- 39% talked about the ad or product with others.
- 28% recommended advertised product to others.
- 28% visited the advertiser's website.
- 16% called the advertised product or store.
- 40% say listening to the radio gets them in a better mood.
- Media Dynamics Inc. analyzed the impact of revising an all-TV media plan to a revised plan that converted 1/3 of TV dollars into Radio over a four-week time frame. The results were³:
- Among the Top quintile (heaviest TV viewers), target grps decreased slightly (135 grps) but there was a percentage increase in reach versus an all-TV plan.
- Third quintile grps increased by 41% (+365) and a positive 8% change in reach.
- Lightest TV viewers (fifth quintile) target grps increased by 625 - nearly three-fold over the TV-only plan of 200. Additionally, there was a positive impact to percent reach - up 52% in the media mixed plan compared to the TV-only plan. (For specific information go to: www.MediaDynamicsInc.com)
- According to MBI USA Touchpoints™ 2012.2, when a portion of TV budget is allocated to radio, there was an increase to the reach, frequency and ad receptivity of the campaign.
Source: MBI USA TouchpointsTM 2012.2 (across seven different brand plans in diverse categories)
- When 15% of a TV-only campaign is reallocated to radio, the campaign's reach and receptivity significantly increases.
Source: A Smarter Mix, 2012, Clear Channel Media + Entertainment and MBI TouchPoints
- Consumer packaged goods advertisers achieved over $6 of incremental sales for every $1 spent on radio.
Source: Nielsen Catalina Solutions Copyright 2014
- Based on an online sample of 622 radio listeners 18-54, respondents stated that radio6:
- Provides them with information on places to go and things to do (63%)
- Helps them learn about local businesses (41%)
- Builds in-store traffic (40%)
- Connects them with their local area (39%)
- Prompts online action (38%)
- Ads have messages that they retain (38%)
- Tells them why to buy (26%)
Source: NuVoodoo Media Services proprietary study for RAB, 2013)
- According to the Keller Fay Group, Heavy Radio listeners (2+ hrs. daily) generate 329 WOM impressions annually:
- More than Heavy TV Viewers (5+ hrs. daily) at 218B
- Heavy Print readers (1+ hrs. daily) at 209B
- Heavy Internet users (5+ hrs. daily) at 208B