The Future of Radio
- There are over 7,200¹ streaming radio stations today:
- Offering listeners exclusive audio and video content like in-studio interviews, concerts, on-demand video.
- Ability to personalize a playlist based on listener's music preference or mood.
- Content available across multiple devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and in-dash infotainment systems.
Infinite breadth for signals and content through online radio and HD Radio platforms:
- Specialized niche channels (24 hour weather/traffic/news/stock info, etc.).
- Seasonal and focused programming (Financial, Holiday, Real Estate, etc.).
Expanded commerce opportunities
- Instantaneous ownership of audio content (music, advertising messages/couponing, news programming, etc.).
Listener influenced programming:
- Break or bust for new artists -- allow listeners the ability to control fame or flame.
- Citizen journalism.
FM Ready Smartphones - NextRadio
- Over the next three years, 30 million smartphones with an FM chip will hit the market
- Advertising opportunities will include: full screen ads, couponing, text to win, location based services and more.
- At the start of 2015³:
- Over 1.5MM app downloads
- Over 11, 080 FM Radio stations tuned to from the app
- Over 2.3MM hours of listening
- Improved audio and expanded content.
- Interactive/data/visual/time shifting.
- On-demand features.
- Real-time traffic on navigation systems.
- # of HD stations growing rapidly: 2,300 stations broadcasting their primary signal with HD Radio Technology ².
- Over 19 million HD Radio receivers are in the marketplace².