Radio has the ability to reach small business owners and self-employed workers.
Radio drives awareness, relevance and consideration for B2B advertisers.
Based on an analysis of 16 B2B campaigns:
Radio drives influence of national campaigns for local small businesses.
In 2010, Small Business Saturday was launched as a National Day to support Small Business. Small Business Saturday is sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- American Express partnered with Radio to build on their national marketing platform to motivate consumers to shop small and help small business owners ‘get found’ and ‘get noticed’ during Small Business Saturday and the Holiday Shopping Season.
- In 2011, Radio contributed to a 70% lift in awareness for Small Business Saturday by providing:
- Local relevance and an authentic voice in market
- Education - Merchant & Consumer
- Social scale & impact
Radio drives online activity for B2B and consumer campaigns.
Focus on Energy Case study
- Focus on Energy, Wisconsin’s statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, works with eligible residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy products.
- Maximize awareness for multiple residential and commercial programs by combining marketing and promotional efforts targeted to specific audiences during various time period
- Capitalize on Radio’s ability to reach both residential and commercial targets
- Match Radio format to specific customer targets connecting with them at “the right time and in the right place”
- Print, online, social media and direct mail helped to support the Radio campaign
- Campaign components included billboards and sponsorships, energy efficiency tips, myth buster contest, “Ask the Expert” interviews and more
- The program saw a 75% increase in Focus on Energy’s name recognition between 2008 and 2009.
- Focus on Energy program goals were exceeded by over 100%
- Focus on Energy website experienced a surge in visitor activity during the Radio advertising campaign. These were the highest numbers since the beginning of the program