Colorado Radio General Manager
Tired of all the BS? The rat race? The broken promises? The cram-downs? The Corporate mantras, dictates and mandates? Staff cuts and position eliminations? Trouble sleeping? Going to bed every night wondering will tomorrow be the day they eliminate your position? And all the while knowing that this ever-present Pressure-Cooker Environment is literally sucking the life right out of you?
KSLV AM/FM/KYDN-FM (plus an adjacent market AM/FM translator now under construction) has enjoyed the same ownership for over 38 years. Our beloved GM the past 25+ years met an untimely death last summer (motorcycle accident) and now we're looking to replace him with a sales-experienced radio professional.
Our stations are located in the beautiful and friendly San Luis Valley of Colorado. It's a rural farming, ranching area with a solid AG-based economy - and folks who still believe in family values. The Valley is surrounded on all four sides by some of Colorado's most gorgeous and impressive mountain ranges - including the Sangre de Cristo range with 10 peaks over 14k feet. It's people who keep their word and where a handshake is better than a contract. Tourism is also a major economic contributor. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that the famed Rio Grande River runs right down the middle and through the Valley. That, coupled with too many mountain lakes to even mention by name, offer an abundance of Colorado's finest trout fishing. Deer, Elk and waterfowl hunting is right outside your backdoor.
If you have a track-record building successful radio stations, being involved in your community - and like to hunt, fish, hike, ski, backpack, snowmobile, into photography and looking for a smaller community to make your magic and live the good life - this opportunity could be a dream come true: for you - AND your family.
If this sounds like something that perks your interest - we'd like to talk to you. No phone calls, please. KSLV is an EOE.
Send a detailed resume with solid references to:
Local Sales Manager
Zimmer Radio, Inc. is a leader in local broadcasting in the Joplin, Missouri marketplace with over 30 years serving the community. Zimmer Radio is a family owned company with six radio stations and a team of passionate, creative and talented professionals; they customize message development strategies for clients to share with thousands of potential customers through creative and diversified products on air, online and on location. Zimmer Radio's brand portfolio consists of Country KIX 102.5, Top-40 Kissin 92.5, News Talk KZRG, Rocker BIG Dog 97.9, Classic Hits 93.9, and AM 1230 The Talker. Plus the digital brands of each station online and on device with the mobile apps. They embrace a family atmosphere, where a healthy work-life balance is supported by an ethical, respectful, fun, safe, trusting and participative culture. Zimmer Radio believes in service to the community, and their employees contribute countless hours of community service. Each year Zimmer Radio helps area charities with fundraising efforts including: St. Jude, American Red Cross, Water Gardens, Special Olympics, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Bright Futures, Heartland K9's For Veterans, Christmas of Hope, Compass Quest Veteran Services, Firefighters Christmas for Kids, the MDA, and area humane societies throughout the 4-state area.
Zimmer Radio, Inc . currently has an opening for a Local Sales Manager who will work directly with the Director of Sales and Market Manager to help establish and ensure monthly, quarterly and annual established goals are achieved and exceeded. The ideal candidate will assist in coaching and training of local sale team by leading and demonstrating by example on successful sales techniques. Specialized focus on digital, NTR and long-term annual business by working within our existing sales system.
- Recruit, train, coach and develop the advertising sales team.
- Achieve revenue goals by leveraging and integrating all core products and services offered along with consistent year over year growth.
- Develop sales initiatives, strategic plans, and promotions working in tandem with DOS.
- Working infield Account Executives on client appointments and assist them with targeting, negotiating and closing new business.
- Effectively communicate the complexities of our different advertising services to business owners and decision makers.
- Assist Account Executives in growing key relationships with local and regional accounts and advertising agencies.
- Create a positive work environment within sales department and work harmoniously with other departments within the company.
- Manage and execute company sales system.
- Lead weekly team meetings with DOS and conduct ongoing sales training.
- Conduct weekly individual focus meetings (One-On-Ones) with all Account Executives.
- Establish high standards and create an atmosphere that is conducive to sales excellence.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Marketing or sales background, with proven success at finding decision makers, and guiding decisions, ideally five years of outside sales experience.
- Must be a self-starter, goal driven and willing to work hard to achieve set weekly and monthly company goals.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written with the ability to present to potential clients, often in a group.
- Networking skills to help build relationships.
- Previous media experience.
- Previous digital sales experience.
- Must have a professional appearance (required)
- Must have transportation to meet required weekly meetings with valid drivers license and automobile insurance coverage.
- Experience building strategic presentations and dynamically presenting them to clients.
- Proficient with Google Drive, PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word, Youtube, and Outlook.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity.
- Above average compensation including commission.
- Excellent benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision.
- Vacation time: One week after a year, two weeks after two years and three weeks after seven years.
- 6 paid holidays and one floating holiday per year.
- Five illness days
- Ongoing training opportunities for advancement.
Zimmer Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Visit our website for information about our company and portfolio of products and company information, http://joplinradio.com/careers
Sales in the Mid Hudson Valley of NY at an eclectic radio station!
Do you love radio sales, but maybe wish you could be at a station that was a little more in line with your musical tastes? Well, this might be just the opportunity you've been looking for. WKZE is a station that people love who love music, and that makes it a really fun and rewarding station to sell advertising on.
It's that rare station the prides itself on "integrity!" Really! For that reason, we only allow local advertisers on the air....that's right, no big boxes, no national advertisers.
To see if this might be something for you, give our stream a listen at 981kze.com.
And then, if you're intrigued, email me at email@example.com, or call the station at 845-758-9810 and ask for Will Stanley.
Who knows, this could be just the opportunity you've been looking for.
WillPower Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
For information on filling your open position using RAB Classified Ads, please contact Jean Hetherington at 972-753-6767 or JHetherington@rab.com.