Local Sales Manager
Zimmer Radio, Inc. is a leader in local broadcasting in the Joplin, Missouri marketplace with over 30 years serving the community. Zimmer Radio is a family owned company with six radio stations and a team of passionate, creative and talented professionals; they customize message development strategies for clients to share with thousands of potential customers through creative and diversified products on air, online and on location. Zimmer Radio's brand portfolio consists of Country KIX 102.5, Top-40 Kissin 92.5, News Talk KZRG, Rocker BIG Dog 97.9, Classic Hits 93.9, and AM 1230 The Talker. Plus the digital brands of each station online and on device with the mobile apps. They embrace a family atmosphere, where a healthy work-life balance is supported by an ethical, respectful, fun, safe, trusting and participative culture. Zimmer Radio believes in service to the community, and their employees contribute countless hours of community service. Each year Zimmer Radio helps area charities with fundraising efforts including: St. Jude, American Red Cross, Water Gardens, Special Olympics, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, Bright Futures, Heartland K9's For Veterans, Christmas of Hope, Compass Quest Veteran Services, Firefighters Christmas for Kids, the MDA, and area humane societies throughout the 4-state area.
Zimmer Radio, Inc . currently has an opening for a Local Sales Manager who will work directly with the Director of Sales and Market Manager to help establish and ensure monthly, quarterly and annual established goals are achieved and exceeded. The ideal candidate will assist in coaching and training of local sale team by leading and demonstrating by example on successful sales techniques. Specialized focus on digital, NTR and long-term annual business by working within our existing sales system.
- Recruit, train, coach and develop the advertising sales team.
- Achieve revenue goals by leveraging and integrating all core products and services offered along with consistent year over year growth.
- Develop sales initiatives, strategic plans, and promotions working in tandem with DOS.
- Working infield Account Executives on client appointments and assist them with targeting, negotiating and closing new business.
- Effectively communicate the complexities of our different advertising services to business owners and decision makers.
- Assist Account Executives in growing key relationships with local and regional accounts and advertising agencies.
- Create a positive work environment within sales department and work harmoniously with other departments within the company.
- Manage and execute company sales system.
- Lead weekly team meetings with DOS and conduct ongoing sales training.
- Conduct weekly individual focus meetings (One-On-Ones) with all Account Executives.
- Establish high standards and create an atmosphere that is conducive to sales excellence.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Marketing or sales background, with proven success at finding decision makers, and guiding decisions, ideally five years of outside sales experience.
- Must be a self-starter, goal driven and willing to work hard to achieve set weekly and monthly company goals.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written with the ability to present to potential clients, often in a group.
- Networking skills to help build relationships.
- Previous media experience.
- Previous digital sales experience.
- Must have a professional appearance (required)
- Must have transportation to meet required weekly meetings with valid drivers license and automobile insurance coverage.
- Experience building strategic presentations and dynamically presenting them to clients.
- Proficient with Google Drive, PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word, Youtube, and Outlook.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity.
- Above average compensation including commission.
- Excellent benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision.
- Vacation time: One week after a year, two weeks after two years and three weeks after seven years.
- 6 paid holidays and one floating holiday per year.
- Five illness days
- Ongoing training opportunities for advancement.
Zimmer Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Visit our website for information about our company and portfolio of products and company information, http://joplinradio.com/careers
Sales in the Mid Hudson Valley of NY at an eclectic radio station!
Do you love radio sales, but maybe wish you could be at a station that was a little more in line with your musical tastes? Well, this might be just the opportunity you've been looking for. WKZE is a station that people love who love music, and that makes it a really fun and rewarding station to sell advertising on.
It's that rare station the prides itself on "integrity!" Really! For that reason, we only allow local advertisers on the air....that's right, no big boxes, no national advertisers.
To see if this might be something for you, give our stream a listen at 981kze.com.
And then, if you're intrigued, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the station at 845-758-9810 and ask for Will Stanley.
Who knows, this could be just the opportunity you've been looking for.
WillPower Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
Member Response Manager
Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB) Membership Response is the gateway for communication with its members. This highly engaged team is responsible for supporting the 6,000-plus members and their daily requests for sales research and tools through phone, email or web chat. Member Response works to provide qualitative data and research components to assist radio station sellers in closing sales by creating customized visual aids, industry information and advertiser-focused data. This team helps members achieve their goals by encouraging their use of RAB products, services and programs.
The position will include the following types of activities:
- Answering Member Response hotline
- Manage Member Response inbox and web chat tool
- Engage members by showcasing RAB tools and services
- Creating custom research for members
- Managing and directing specific RAB requests to other RAB staff when applicable
- Preparing monthly reports on the number and nature of Member Response inquiries
- Recruiting interns and overseeing their training
- Planning office functions and events
The ideal candidate should be a friendly, people person who has great communication skills and a natural ability to assist others and provide premiere customer service.
This person is a self-driven, multi-tasker with the ability to engage and build working relationships with members.
A college degree with 2-3 years’experience in media is required. Experience in the radio industry is a plus.
Applicants should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, which includes Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel,
Word and Access.
Interested candidates should email resumes to: email@example.com
The Radio Advertising Bureau serves more than 6,000 member Radio stations in the U.S. and over 1,000
member networks, representative firms, broadcast vendors, and international organizations. RAB leads
and participates in educational, research, sales, and advocacy programs that promote and advance radio
as a primary advertising medium.
The Radio Advertising Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For information on filling your open position using RAB Classified Ads, please contact Jean Hetherington at 972-753-6767 or JHetherington@rab.com.