Characteristics of a sales leader
The true sales leader:
Source: Sales consultant/trainer Paul McCord
• Isn’t focused on today but rather is looking into and planning for the future with the intent of molding the future instead of being molded by it.
• Is looking to coach his or her team members to stardom, not to be the star themselves.
• Manages through demonstration and inspiration, not intimidation and fear.
• Is a student, open to suggestion, criticism, advice, and continual education.
• Leads by being trustworthy and demonstrating integrity and honesty. His/her team members may not like the sales leader’s decisions, but know the decisions are honest and based on what the sales leader believes is best for the team.
• Is a decision-maker, not afraid to make the hard decisions and to live with the consequences.