The best sales managers focus on how to manage, mentor and motivate
Whether through inspiration, coaching, training, technology, or incentives, sales managers need to enable each member of the team to deliver high performance and achieve their individual targets.
Source: Marketing strategist Colin Campbell
To successfully orchestrate the outcomes you want as a sales leader, here are some common steps to consider:
1. Align sales goals with the overall strategy of the company.
2. Create specific, targeted goals for the team.
3. Be ambitious but reasonable when setting team and individual sales quotas.
4. Integrate sales coaching, personal development, and sales training into your team goals.
5. Don’t forget technology.
6. Monitor progress and give feedback.