Surrounding yourself with success
You’re probably familiar with the following quote:
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
If you want to be a successful salesperson, you must do your best to learn from and work with successful salespeople. If you’re learning tips and strategies from poor salespeople, you’re not going to achieve great results. If you don’t currently work with any sellers who are creating positive results, branch out and meet successful salespeople via networking events, conferences and trade shows. The idea is to surround yourself and learn from successful (not mediocre) people.
It doesn’t stop at your immediate network. Here are a few steps you can take to create a success mindset so you can create a prosperous sales career:
Success isn’t about showing up to work each day and hoping for the best. There are real steps you can take to skyrocket your chances of achieving sales success. Being successful isn’t about aiming to just hit your sales targets, it’s about aiming to exceed them … by a long shot!
- Read success quotes
- Read biographies of successful people
- Read sales books to increase your knowledge
- Watch sales tip videos from top salespeople
- Work with a (successful) sales mentor or coach
- Set big goals that will push and challenge you
- Set timelines to reach your goals
- Listen to success audio podcasts or radio shows
- Go to conferences and events to learn from industry experts
- Believe success is possible for you
Take steps to surround yourself with success. Meet successful people but also read, watch, and listen to success inspiring material on a daily basis. It will train your mind to make the most of your current opportunities as well as create new ones. Don’t let your success be a matter of chance, make it a matter of fact!
Source: Sales trainer/consultant Colleen Francis